When I was little I would play this game. I'd stare at a photo and imagine walking around in it. A story would begin to form in my head about the subject and why they were there and what they were feeling when the picture was taken. I was physically there, inhaling the scents. Focusing on the details of the scene around me. Suddenly, I was subject in the photo. In scenic photos I would jump right in and pretend I was on that mountain or in the field of lilies. Exploring beyond the edges of the frame.
As I got older I realized I never "grew" out of this weird habit of engrossing myself into a photo. At first I assumed there must be something wrong with me, but as I considered it more I realized I have a love and passion for photos. For photography. Photography is art. Which led me to take a photography class. I am unsure of what direction I want to go. Perhaps photography will be an artistic release for me. Or maybe it will grow into something more. For starters I am going to s share some of my photo 101 favorites.










Wow, we're a family of photographers! Tremendous work, Alissa. Really beautiful shots.
ReplyDelete